Skip to main content

Q) Since I have been examined at the ER by a doctor after the accident, do I need to consult any other doctor?

A) Yes, you need to see a doctor who specializes in soft tissue trauma such as Wirth Chiropractic in Greenville, NC. The hospital doctor or even an MD will treat life threatening and visible injuries such as cuts, bruises, broken bones, but they are not qualified for treating injuries such as whiplash, which are most common in auto accidents. Just because you may not realize that you have sustained a whiplash injury, your body knows. On top of this, your body may not reveal that it was injured by being whiplashed to you after a couple of months have marched on by.

Q) After receiving treatment from the doctor, I feel fine. Do I still need to consult a chiropractor?

A) Yes, it is paramount to consult Wirth Chiropractic in Greenville, NC, since certain injuries may remain hidden, and you may not experience any symptoms for days, weeks, and even months. Secondly, the general physician would have given you some painkillers, which would temporarily suppress the pain. However, these medications do not treat the root cause of the problem, and injury could deteriorate and cause you many health issues in the future. The chiropractor is trained to detect and diagnose hidden auto injuries, and provide the right course of treatment.

Q) Is the treatment from a chiropractor going to cost me extra?

A) The chiropractor will be charging his fees, but it will be covered by your insurance. Since all medical expenses are usually covered by your insurance, it therefore makes more sense to consult Wirth Chiropractic in Greenville, NC to obtain the proper treatment. If you do not consult a chiropractor and your case is settled by the insurance company, then you cannot pursue another claim for injury symptoms that might surface later.

Therefore, it is vital to have yourself checked out by an experience chiropractor, who is able to detect hidden injuries that are certainly superficial and could have debilitating consequences for years to come. Once your injuries are diagnosed, they will be included in your medical records, and you can inform your insurance company about this issue.

Q) Do you need permission of the insurance company prior to consulting a chiropractor?

A) No, you are legally entitled to seek any accepted medical care for treating your injuries after an auto accident, and that includes chiropractic treatment.

Q) When do I accept a settlement from the insurance company?

A) You should first have your injuries thoroughly evaluated by Wirth Chiropractic in Greenville, NC, and know about the treatment plan. You should also find out if there are going to be any long-term effects or permanent disabilities due to your injuries, so you can claim a reasonable settlement amount that correlates with your accident injuries―everyone of them.

Leave a Reply