While sports and other physically demanding activities may be a significant cause of injuries, don’t underestimate the number of household injuries that occur every day. It’s more common than you might think. In fact, it’s likely that you’ve suffered one or more of these injuries yourself. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most common household injuries. If you’ve experienced any of the items on the list below, read on to learn how chiropractic can help promote the recovery process.
- Back Strain. This may occur when lifting something heavy or sitting in a way that doesn’t support the curvature of your spine. However, back strain is unique in that it can happen at the most unusual times under the most unusual circumstances. Patients who complain of back strain often report that they weren’t doing anything out of the ordinary. Even so, the back muscles can be sensitive to sudden or unnatural movements.
- Neck Pain. For those who spend a lot of time craning their neck to see a computer screen during work hours, neck injury is not uncommon. You may feel a stiffness or pain in your neck from tension or overuse.
- The sciatic nerve runs from your lower spine, down the underside of your thigh. Muscular inflammation can put pressure on this nerve, causing pain and discomfort up and down your leg.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The carpal tunnel is located in both your wrists, protecting and enclosing the median nerve. Sometimes this nerve gets pinched in the narrow tunnel of tendons and bone. Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) are weakness, inability to grip, pain, swelling, pins and needles, and numbness. CTS comes about as a result of repetitive actions and fine movements.
- Injured Rotator Cuff. The rotator cuff connects your arm to your shoulder. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint, and the rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that allow a wide range of motion. But if you try to stretch your arm beyond its limits, you risk sustaining damage to your rotator cuff.
So, how can chiropractic help you? Through a series of natural treatments and therapies, including targeted adjustments, a chiropractor can relieve painful symptoms, restore muscle and joint mobility, and promote rehabilitation. If you suffer from any of these common ailments and injuries, don’t hesitate. Contact Wirth Chiropractic today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to walking alongside you on the path to health and wellness!