Chiropractic is a holistic practice, and everything we do here at Wirth Chiropractic reflects that. People often turn to a chiropractor for healing and recovery after traumatic injuries, but the truth is that chiropractic can be extremely beneficial to your overall health. Not many patients truly understand and appreciate the long-term health benefits when first beginning treatment. Regular appointments, composed of spinal adjustments and a routine of supplementary therapies and exercises, can actually be a great way to maintain your body’s functions and keep it running in peak condition. Read on for more information on how chiropractic care can benefit you.
- Increase Mobility & Flexibility. The muscles, joints, and bones that make up your musculoskeletal system are only as flexible as your body allows. Chiropractic therapies gently loosen the tightness and muscular contractions that happen naturally with time. With time, you’ll start to see an improved range of motion in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Expand Lung Capacity. You might not have considered it, but your lung capacity is primarily dictated by the flexibility of your ribs. If you have any tightness in your chest, compressing the ribcage from the inside, then your lungs won’t be able to hold much per breath. This makes deeper breathing more difficult. Research shows the importance of deep, cleansing breaths to your overall health.
- Improve Mental Health. The condition of your spinal cord directly correlates to your body’s ability to manage stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions. If your spine is out of alignment, then your body won’t be optimized to handle the onslaught of daily life. This can take a toll on your mental health, which can then affect your physical health as well.
- Enhance Stability & Security. Chiropractic increases coordination and bodily awareness. This is especially beneficial for folks who lead an active lifestyle and elderly folks who want to avoid falls and injuries altogether.
- Boost Immunity. The spinal cord is the information highway of the nervous system. If the flow of information from the brain to the rest of the body is blocked in any way, then your body can’t respond to threats as quickly. A simple spinal adjustment will do wonders for your immunity and your ability to fight off pathogens of all kinds.
As you can see, chiropractic is a marathon, not a sprint. Take the time to care for your body, and you’ll begin seeing some of the long-term benefits in no time. If you’re looking to get started, we invite you to join us here at Wirth Chiropractic. We’ll be glad to discuss treatments and therapies with you during your free initial consultation. Get in touch with us to schedule your appointment today!