Skip to main content

Many problems arise after auto accidents. Even minor accidents result in severe problems. Some auto accident injuries may take weeks or even months to manifest themselves. Owing to this, most injuries are not taken care of properly and this results in long-term health issues. It is incredibly important to get yourself checked by a doctor who is trained in dealing with soft tissue injuries. The professional you need is a chiropractor.

  1. Who is going to pay to fix my car?
  2. Who should I see first – a chiropractor or an attorney?
  3. What if my car hasn’t been damaged at all – do I still need to see a chiropractor?
  4. My insurance company wants to settle. Should I accept?
  5. Isn’t seeing a medical doctor enough? I’ve been examined by a medical doctor; do I still need to see a chiropractor?

This is simply the wrong question to ask! Most people who go through a car accident have only one thing in mind – their car! The important question that needs to be answered first is – Are you hurt or in pain? Your health has to be top priority, everything else comes after that.

Before you visit an attorney, you need to know exactly how the accident has affected you. This is pertinent information that your attorney will ask for. This information will be available to you after the chiropractor does a check-up. So it logically follows that you need to visit your chiropractor before calling your attorney.

The state of your car has no co-relation with the state of your body. Research and experience shows that even minor accidents that leave your car undamaged can cause whiplash and other injuries to the people inside the car.

Not before you see a chiropractor. Do not sign a waiver or settlement until you meet with the chiropractor who will be able to determine the extent of your injuries. If you settle before seeing a chiropractor, your insurance will no longer cover any fees. This means that you will have to pay out of your own pocket for any needed treatment.

Medical doctors focus on discovering life-threatening conditions and checking vital signs. While these doctors are well-trained in examining broken bones and visible injuries, they are not trained in examining musculoskeletal and soft tissue injuries. The pain medication offered by the medical doctor might help you feel better in the short-term but for long-term palliative relief, you need the expertise of a chiropractor. 

Leave a Reply